Saturday, April 5, 2014

Just a little update

This week flew by! On Monday, I had choir practice. On Tuesday, I began my new classes. I am actually pretty excited about the film course, but am still undecided on how I feel about my Intercultural Communications one. I hope it gets better is all I gotta say....

On Wednesday we made waffles. Because, yolo.


On Thursday, I picked the girls I nanny up from school and we decided it was a nice day to visit the park. They live about 3 blocks from Mariebergsskogen, a place where nature is preserved and you can even see some animals such as horses, goats, birds, rabbits, and fish (not wild ones of course). There is also a park by the beach and a small museum with a cafe. I love how they emphasize the importance of spending time outdoors here.



And then I unexpectedly came home to dinner on the table. Nice ;)


On Friday, we spent some time in the city, and it was so beautiful we couldn't resist taking a stroll. Sometimes I take for granted just how beautiful little old Karlstad is. I can't wait for warm weather and spending more time by the water.



Dysfunctional :)


Today I spent time with my contact family and helped make the best kanelbulle I have ever had (if I do say so myself). Afterwards, we had an amazing dinner of salmon with red wine and dill, potatoes with a creamy onion sauce, salad, and red/white wine to drink. They really do spoil us. I am so lucky to share in their company, they are such good people.

So yeah, that is pretty much it. A busy but mainly uneventful week. I have also been checking a lot of things off of my to do list because (drumroll please) I leave for ROME tomorrow! Looking at the forecast alone is making me so excited (sunny and 75 the whole week...yes please)! I promise the next blog post will be much more interesting...stay tuned xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment