Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Week in Pictures

Another week has come and gone. It is so crazy, because life is so relaxed here compared to at home, yet the days fly by. It is nice to have the time to sit in the kitchen and have a 2 hour conversation with someone because you have nothing more important to do. I have met some really awesome people here and am very content. 

While many trips are being saved for later in the semester due to weather, I do have some very exciting plans in the works! The first trip, a day trip with Chloe, has been planned for a couple of weeks away to the beautiful medieval castle city of Örebro. We need to go to another city anyways to complete our residence permit requirements, so we figured it was a good opportunity to go someplace we otherwise maybe wouldn't. 


But, as excited as I may be for that, nothing compares to the excitement I feel for the next big trip planned....to LONDON! I originally wanted to study abroad there, but the tuition I would have had to pay would have been more than double of what it is here. Not gonna lie, I am pretty stoked to re-enter an English speaking country and not be crossing my fingers when I ask for help that they are able to understand me. Words can't even express...going there has literally #1 on my bucket list since birth. Trafalgar Square, St. Paul's
 Cathedral, Abbey Road, Palace of Westminister, phone booths, the accents, double decker buses, Big Ben, the London Eye, Tower Bridge....I could go on forever. The city is absolutely iconic.


On another note, here are some pictures from my recent days! 



Ohhh grocery shopping. You will never stop being an adventure. Like, what is that? Or that? Do you need to refrigerate this? What do you put it on? How many g in an oz? The struggle.




Since we are all in the "cooking for one" boat, my floor likes to hold a dinner every week, usually on Tuesdays. One person cooks, and we rotate, trying to shuffle up our different cuisines as much as possible. The first week was spanish, the second german, and the third american (my turn). It is not only interesting to see and taste how others around the world eat, but it is also a really fun time to be together and establish a sense of community. We all get along extremely well and it is something everyone looks forward to.






Fika is life. These kanelbulles are off the chain and I fully intend to learn how to make them and share them with all of America when I get home. MMM.


Thursday is student night as several bars and clubs around town, and there is one that is particularly popular, called Koriander. It was my first time there last week and it was fun to sing along to all of the American songs that played and hang out with my new friends.





On Friday, I just so happened to call my girl Rachel Bibes during a Theta sisterhood event! They were all ice skating and I was so overwhelmed/happy to see so many of them at the same time. I miss them all even more than I realized. S/O to my amazing sistas!


On Saturday, there was a "Bad Taste" (aka trashy/mismatch) party on campus. My floor got together before we headed over to make sure we all looked the same level of crazy-haha!


Until next week, vi ses! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment